Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Saludos Amigos


Hello everyone! Last week we spent our time on the Yucatan peninsula at the Secrets Capri Resort in the Riviera Maya. It was a belated two year wedding anniversary celebration! The resort was all-inclusive and the beach was beautiful! All of the pictures in the collage above are ones that I took with our camera. It was just gorgeous! The workers at the resort were wonderful and a lot of them seem to be familiar with JFK. Any time we would tell them our name was Kennedy, they would respond, "like the president?" . I'm still getting used to the presidential references that go along with my married name, but it's fun.

We enjoyed relaxing on the beach and getting pampered. I got to finish reading Eclipse from the Twilight series and started reading the final book New Moon (edit) Breaking Dawn. Sounds like we had a lazy vacation, and we wanted to do just that! We're anticipating a busy school year with Bob starting year two of pharmacy school and me moving up to 4th grade plus tackling national certification. So, whenever we start feeling overwhelmed next school year I'll reflect back to this lazy vacation, and press on.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Becky, sounds like a good time! We'll have to keep it in mind - Ben and I are trying to plan a trip to an all-inclusive place with my sis and her hubby for next summer.

    BTW, I hope no one duped you, but you actually already read "New Moon" before "Eclipse," right? The last book is "Breaking Dawn"... that would really stink if you read them out of order!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Thanks Kelly. Yes I read them in order. I guess it's obvious now that Twilight has not been my favorite series. I enjoyed Harry Potter so much more. I haven't cared much for Twilight eg: I can't keep the titles straight! Just thought I read them to keep up with young adult literature.

    You'll enjoy going all inclusive. My husband read reviews on resorts at tripadvisor.com when he was in the process of booking our trip. It was quite helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice vacation. I'm super jealous. Only 5 more days until the bar and then I can have my life back.

    ReplyDelete