Sunday, October 11, 2009

there maybe something there that wasn't there before

Having a pet in our house is shocking for many of our close friends and family members. I never grew up with pets, so this has been a completely new experience for me. We are getting used to our cat still and his interesting schedule. He's not a complete indoor cat as of right now. Mr. Swarley comes and goes as he pleases. He eats, sleeps all day, and prefers to be outside all night. Whenever I try to treat him like an indoor kitty, he goes to the door and asks to leave (stands at the door and meows). I gave him cat nip to play with, a fake mouse. Shortly after that he asks to leave and 10 minutes later he comes back with a half dead field mouse. I guess he wanted the real thing. I've heard that you never really "own" a cat, it is the cat who chooses. I think that is definitely the case here. We'll see what happens as the weather keeps getting colder, but for now Swarley is still an indoor/outdoor kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment