Saturday, April 24, 2010

you're already winners

Surprisingly (to some people) I have a slight interest in watching sports, specifically basketball and football. The only sport I enjoy playing is probably volleyball, but that's a different story.

I lived in Houston during five years of my childhood and that is where I picked up following major league sports. So when Oklahoma City was deemed big league enough to get a NBA basketball team I was stoked. However, I was not expecting any playoff games during the first 3-4 years because they of course need to build up the team.

Now they're in the playoffs of their second season against the Lakers. I'm so excited for the Oklahoma City Thunder. Even if they don't win again in this playoff series, I think they have worked really hard and have proved themselves.

It's nice having a home team to cheer for and follow. Last night we went to Bricktown for our date night and everywhere we went we saw local businesses with Thunder logos painted on the windows. This team is well supported, hopefully enough so that they won't return to Seattle.

I've seen NBA finals where the other team gets swept 0-4. At least the Thunder have one win over L.A. Here's hoping they can pull it off again tonight. Good luck Thunder!

No comments:

Post a Comment