Friday, July 6, 2012

32 Weeks

Hopefully, being 32 weeks means I have less than ten weeks left! In my last post I mentioned that I was probably going to experience some discomfort soon. Well, that has happened. Although I probably brought it upon myself.

Last Monday and Tuesday I decided to get back into a daily walking routine, since I kind of let that go while moving into our house and going to work shops in June. Going for a walk two days in a row wasn't a bad idea. The bad idea was to go for a walk and then go to the mall after my doctor's appointment and walk all over the mall for more than an hour.

 By the end of the day the outer edge of my right foot was hurting. I was practically limping during my last stop at the grocery store. Taking up walking again was okay, it's just that my body had not yet experienced walking around so much with all this extra weight. (Remember in the last post, I mentioned that at 30 weeks I had finally passed the heaviest weight I have ever been, since I have been over weight before in the past). For the next two days I was confined to sitting activities, which is not fun for me.

After waiting a whole week, this week I walked today and on Wednesday. I have not done two days in a row yet, I'm not ready to be out of commission again.

 For now hurting my foot has been my biggest annoyance. I am still doing fairly well. I sleep through the night,I'm still able to wear my rings, and luckily this summer seems to have been more mild than last summer.

Speaking of summer, here is something I was hoping to side step during my pregnancy that is obviously smack dab in the middle of the summer: the maternity swim suit.

Initially, I had just planned on not stepping into the pool at all this summer. Sounds like a pretty good plan when you don't have a pool huh? Well, my in-laws had a pool put in this spring and we went to see them two weekends ago. So, I didn't want to be the only one not in the pool...so I went for a swim...but not in a maternity swim suit. Thanks again to being formerly over weight I had a nice size 12 tankini lying around in my swim suit wardrobe. It fit pretty well, I'm not sure I would push trying to wear it again until after the pregnancy thing is over, but it got the job done.

Here's to making it through less than ten weeks without needing to get into the pool again.

1 comment:

  1. Be careful and don't hurt yourself! I do recommend that you see a chiropractor. I started having issues with my arches and the chiropractor did wonders!

    ReplyDelete