Thursday, February 6, 2014

Birthdays and weird weather

Bob and I have birthdays within a week of each other which is nice and convenient at times. It's interesting because even though it is winter our Oklahoma weather has a hard time making up its mind. Here is Blake on daddy's birthday playing outside.

Then the day after my birthday this is going down.


Although my birthday usually comes along with a little bit of snowy weather. Remember this?

This doesn't have anything to do with the title of my post, but this week we also got to go on our first trip to Children's hospital. Everything is fine now, but yesterday morning was a little too eventful to say the least.

Blake fell down and hit his head.  
His symptoms afterwards resembled a concussion to me so I decided it was best to take him in and get him checked out. I knew this was going to happen one day with my spirited child and it probably won't be our last trip to the ER either.

I'm not sure if this is how things go down in a children's ER, but they were really happy and kept saying, "oh, he's going to be fine." The doctor came in to check him one last time and said, "oh he's eating? He's fine." I guess they are used to dealing with parents who are not being very calm, but it just came across as if they were not very concerned. I'm sure they took good care of him and it is just the daily of occurrences in the ER that probably numbs them a bit.

This is where Blake hit his head :( Poor baby!


 Here he is afterwards eating some snacks I brought along. I'm glad I had those otherwise he would not have sat in the examination room while we waited.
After being cooped up inside due to all the snow, this was not my ideal choice of an outing. Oh well, life happens and Mr. Blake has already bounced back from this.

3 comments:

  1. Awe, poor baby! Glad he's okay. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy. Glad he's doing better. And happy birthday to two of my favorite people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I need to keep up with blogs better.
    I thought about you in the snowy weather around your birthday, it always seems to snow around then!
    Poor Blake! I don't think there's any way to keep kids from hitting their heads. When K first started pulling herself up I tried to be right behind her but realized I can't do that the rest of her life. You're a smart mama bringing the snacks! He looks pretty calm in the pictures. Glad he was okay!

    ReplyDelete