Sunday, April 19, 2009

every task you under take becomes a piece of cake

Right now I am putting the finishing touches on our new living room decor. I am still waiting to post my before and after pictures, but for now I will just tease with this small project that I just finished.

Let me be the first to say that I am by no means an artsy or craftsy type of person. Don't let the fact that I am a kindergarten teacher trick you into thinking that I am a fabulously artistic person, because I am not. Any project I have my students do is something that I find that is easy for me to do because that means they will be able to do it too!

In college I took an elementary art course and it gave me some unnecessary stress. I would rather sing in front of a group of strangers than draw something in front of them. I am severely artistically declined. So that is why it may seem that I am overly proud of this small project I just under took.

Here is a picture of a mirror which I've had since college and it has been hanging in my house since then.



It went fine with our "old" living room furniture. Actually, anything matched our old living room set up because it was just a collaboration of all the furniture we've collected since college. Anything went.

Here is how the process started. Old mirror:



Painting the mirror
Me pretending I have art skills. I can dream, right?

Deciding where to place the jewels.

The finished product.

So that was my Martha Stewart moment for the year. It sure was fun, maybe I'll end up painting something else.




1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! I know about your art skillz, haha. Your mirror updating looks so good, what a great idea!

    -Cynda

    ReplyDelete