Thursday, April 16, 2009

splendid, absolutely marvelous!

I was anticipating for today to be a great day and it turned out even better than planned! I was just thrilled to get a small break from the classroom today by going to a workshop. Yes, I am a bit out of the norm, I actually enjoy attending professional development, unlike most of my colleagues. I think it is fun learning new things to try in my classroom and collaborating with other teachers.

So, I was excited about going to this math workshop today. Plus it was a nice break since we have no more days off from school until Memorial Day. At lunch I checked my phone and I had a missed call from the district office. They were calling to tell me I was being offered a teaching contract for next school year!

Hallelujah! I've taught for three years and this is the first time I have been offered a continuing contract. Even though it has taken this long, I am glad things have panned out this way. I'm in a better place with better people. Now I have an incredible principal who will back me on anything and the people in my building are fun, and a pleasure to work with. I know that God has put me in the right place where I can excel and use my talents up to my full potential. This has been my best school year with the best group of students I've had yet. I am excited about next school year!

I may not know what to do with myself this summer since I will not have to worry about lining up a job for the fall.

1 comment: