Sunday, April 5, 2009

people have to grow up

Big purchases make me feel like such an adult. Last summer we upgraded our refrigerator and it just felt so grown up to spend our money on an appliance. It was bigger, nicer, and convenient to have ice and water in the door. And so far in our married lives, I think that has been our biggest purchase so far. Until now.

All of our furniture is stuff that has been given to us by our families. It's been very good and reliable, nothing is wrong with it. But this weekend we decided to start looking at some new furniture for the house. We originally thought about getting all new bedroom furniture and as we began looking we decided to go for living room furniture instead. It was an interesting process because it was hard not to cling to all of my old stuff that I'm comfortable with, although new stuff is fun and exciting. But new furniture means no more eating in the living room and having to be careful and stuff ....it's just a hard transition.

Right now the new furniture is in the house and the old furniture is still here too. I will have to update later with a picture of the finished product. Oh yes, and if we told you we were looking at sectional, um we changed our minds on that!

But for now I am very tickled about our old couch being in the dining room that just so happens to have a coffee shop theme. It just goes so perfectly, maybe we'll just leave it there...

1 comment:

  1. Hey I like the name of your blog. Very "grown-up without kids" sounding; and I think you are very interesting. Love ya! Celeste

    ReplyDelete